Last updated on June 30th, 2022 at 12:50 pm
Pistachios, peanuts,walnuts, cashews and pecans are the most commonly consumed nuts in the world. They are a great in salads, cookies, to coat fish or chicken dishes and just as snacks. They are so popular that people often forget about the most exotic nut of all- the Macadamia Nut! Rarely will you find a restaurant dish that contains, let alone features this tropical nut. We thought it would be only fitting to give you a recipe today that highlights this creamy, buttery, and crunchy nut! Go ahead and try out this recipe for Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust. The recipe comes from the now closed Stixx Asia Bistro. It was utterly delightful tasting this delicious dessert for the first time. Your customers are going to love it just as much as we did-guaranteed!!!
Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust (Serves 12)
Macadamia Crust Ingredients
- 1-2T Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1C Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/4C Macadamia Nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4C Unsalted Butter, melted
- 32oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2C Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4C Sour Cream
- 1/2C Unsweetened Cream of Coconut
- 2T Heavy Cream
- 1C Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- Mango Sauce (Optional) (pureed mangoes and sugar)
- Fresh Strawberries, halved (Optional)
- Crust: Brush side of 9″ springform pan with 1-2T butter. Combine crumbs, nuts, and 1/4C butter in a bowl and mix well. Press mixture on bottom of pan. Wrap the bottom of pan with foil and chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese with a hand mixer in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat until smooth, scrapping the sides occasionally. Add eggs one at a time, mix well. Beat in sour cream, cream of coconut, heavy cream until blended. Spoon mixture into pan. Sprinkle with coconuts.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan. Add enough hot water to baking pan to come halfway up the side of the springform pan.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Chill for 8-10 hours before serving.
- Before serving, drizzle with mango sauce and garnish with strawberries.