- 8 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half and half (light cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your commercial oven to 300F. Arrange 6 Fluted Ramekins in a large pan with sides at least 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl until they turn frothy and bright yellow. Slowly whisk 1/3 cup sugar, the creams, and vanilla extract into the beaten eggs. Beat the mixture for 90 seconds.
- Pour the eggs and cream through a medium-mesh sieve into a 1 Qt liquid measuring cup. Divide the mixture between 6 custard cups and fill the large pan with hot water half-way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake the custard in the hot-water bath for 55 minutes to 1 hour, until the custard is set, but still moves a bit in the center when jiggled. Cool the custard in the water bath for 20 minutes, and then refrigerate them until they are chilled.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar over tops of the custards and caramelize the sugar with a Butane torch. Serve immediately.
Never forget- a good Creme Brulee will keep customers coming back for more and more night after night! What are you going to add to make this your unique dessert dish?