Last updated on May 26th, 2021 at 12:48 pm
While delicious and tasty as a beverage, Draft Beer is not just for drinking! For all your chocolate loving customers, take your restaurants standard chocolate cake to the next level by adding Guinness.
Guinness-Chocolate Cake (makes 12 generous slices)
- 1 C Guinness, from tap
- 1/2 C Butter, cubed
- 2 C Sugar
- 3/4 C Baking Cocoa
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2/3 C Sour Cream
- 3t Vanilla Extract
- 2 C All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2t Baking Soda
- 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 C Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1/2 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- Grease a 9-in. Spring Form Pan and line the bottom with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat beer and butter until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; whisk in sugar and cocoa until blended. Combine the eggs, sour cream and vanilla; whisk into beer mixture. Combine flour and baking soda; whisk into beer mixture until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and cream; beat until smooth. Remove cake from pan and place on a platter. Ice top of cake so that it resembles a frothy pint of beer. Refrigerate leftovers.