The history of margaritas is one of folklore because there are dozens of origin stories. One thing we can say for certain though, is that margaritas are a favorite alcoholic beverage at bars around the world. They are cold, sweet, sour, refreshing, and basically everything you could want in a tequila cocktail. The debate has raged on for decades now, frozen vs on-the-rocks margaritas. Honestly, it is a debate that will rage on forever, since both ways this drink is served are delicious.
With summer right around the corner, your customers will be looking for a tasty beverage to cool down. Treat them to a lovely Mixed Berry Margarita! This recipe is simple enough for any bartender to make and delicious enough for any bargoer to drink.
Mixed Berry Margarita Ingredients
(Makes one 16oz drink)
- 1 cup of Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1 cup of Orange, Lime, or Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup of Tequila
- ½ tablespoon of Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar
Mixed Berry Margarita Directions:
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, container, or bar blender.
- Use a blender to mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Serve in a classic margarita glass or pitcher and enjoy!
Tips and Variations:
- Make this a frozen margarita by using frozen fruit or ice. Remember though, ice will dilute your drink.
- Add whatever fruit you like — berries or not! Kiwis, melons, and pineapple would also be delicious additions to this cocktail.
- If you need to produce higher volumes of this drink, use a larger storage container to hold your ingredients and an immersion blender to mix. Working the immersion blender in an up-and-down motion will quickly blend and combine ingredients.
- Use a frozen drink machine to allow for more pre-mixing of drinks. This can help bartenders and servers keep up with a rush. They also help make each glass poured uniform in amount of liquid and alcohol.
- Add some finishing touches, like salted or sugared rims, with a margarita rimmer.