Vitamix Blender Care Tips
Last updated on May 26th, 2021 at 03:37 pm
Ensure your Vitamix Blender continues to perform for years to come by regularly checking on the functionality of the main components of your machine. Like with any blender, three parts of the Vitamix are most susceptible to going bad if not properly cared for.
- Blade Agitator… Slowly rotate the blade assembly by hand to ensure it turns smoothly with some resistance. Replace the blade assembly if the following occur:
- Washer failure or oil leaking.
- Seal failure/visible seal indents due to worn socket.
- Seal gone / visible ball bearings.
- Rounded teeth due to removing container while running.
- Centering Pad… Check every 5 months to make sure that your pad is laying flat on the base. Replace the centering pad if the following occurs:
- Tearing at container posts due to banging on counter or improper cleaning of centering pad (caused by placing pad in dishwasher or using improper cleaning or sanitizing products).
- Drive Socket… Check the condition of your drive socket every 3-4 months to ensure that the “teeth” are sharp. Replace drive socket if the following occurs:
- Worn teeth due to removing container while running.
- Worn grooves due to placing container on motor base without centering pad or touching container while machine is running.
- Cracking at setscrew due to overtightened screw or a foreign object in the container.
- Drive socket or blade assembly needs to be replaced.
Just checking these three components on a regular bases and making sure to properly use your Vitamix Blender will extend its performance. If you need to replace any of these parts, please contact our sales consultants.