Last updated on June 8th, 2022 at 11:58 am
It’s time for the Burkett Colleague Connect! This month, I sat down with one of our Product Specialists, Rachel Dute. Despite being busy with her day job and planning her upcoming wedding, Rachel was gracious enough to give me some insights into a Product Specialist’s daily routine and what’s to come for the rest of 2013.
1. How long have you worked for Burkett Restaurant Equipment? I’ve been with Burkett about a year and a half now.
2. How would you describe Burkett’s Culture in three words? Passionate, Driven, yet Laid-Back
3. What is something about the Burkett environment that someone wouldn’t notice at first glance? How close everyone is here. Most of us have been working here for some time and Burkett really encourages a family-like atmosphere. When you are close with your coworkers it makes communication much more natural and team building happens almost on it’s own. Strong teams are successful teams and that benefits everyone.
4. What are the key tasks for a product specialist? Product Specialists here at Burkett have a large scope of tasks that we are responsible for. Each product specialist has a dedicated area of our website to maintain which includes individual product listings, corporate and brand pages, as well as navigation and functionality of the web site. We spend time ensuring the accuracy of product information to the best of our ability, and work closely with representatives from each vendor to provide the most up-to-date information available.
5. As a product specialist, you need a lot of skills to do your job successfully. What would you say is the most important? I think excellent communication is the most essential skill for product specialists to have. We can teach you to work within the platform, you can learn to code, but if you cannot communicate with others effectively then it’s going to make it very difficult to succeed in this position.
6. As we approach the midway point of 2013, what are you looking forward to for the rest of the year at Burkett? I am looking forward to some exciting training opportunities I have coming up this year! Learning the industry, vendors, and specific products more thoroughly will help me as a product specialist because I also learn about which features are most important to our customers. This helps me present product information more effectively to our online customers.