How to Determine What Size Keg Cooler You’ll Need
Last updated on May 26th, 2021 at 02:28 pm
When it comes to commercial beer dispensing, kegs are not one size fits all. There are several things to note when determining what size Keg Cooler your establishment will require.
- Availability of each size of keg will vary by brand of beer and location.
- Talk to your beer supplier to find out which brands are available for immediate pick-up, and which need to be special ordered, and in which size keg those particular brands are available.
- Approximate Keg Diameters:
- 1/6 Keg= 9-18″
- 1/4 Slim Keg= 12″
- 1/4 Standard Keg= 16-17″
- 1/2 Keg= 16-17″
- Once you determine what size kegs you will need, then you should shop for the proper size Keg Cooler.
- Keg Box Capacities:
- True 1-Keg Capacity will hold…. 1 x Standard or 1/2 Keg; or combination of 2 x 1/6 Keg and 1 x 1/4 Slim Keg; or combination of 4 x 1/6 Kegs
- True 2-Keg Capacity will hold…. 2 x Standard or 1/2 Keg; or combination of 2 x Standard or 1/2 Kegs and 2 x 1/6 Kegs
- True 3-Keg Capacity will hold… 3 x Standard or 1/2 Keg; or combination of 3 x Standard or 1/2 Kegs and 2 x 1/6 Kegs