Last updated on June 30th, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Take a peek in your kids’ Halloween candy bag and I’ll bet you’ll find many peanut butter candies in there. Yea, you can get your sweet fix eating a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, but if you’re a true lover of peanut butter, you need something a bit more satisfying to satisfy your craving. While this holiday is probably more of a salute to the sandwich spread, peanut butter is a versatile ingredient. You’ll often find it stuffed in sandwiches, covered with chocolate, or used in desserts, but you can also use peanut butter as part of an entree! Use it as a meat marinade or toss it with noodles and scallops for a dish your customers will love, so add to your menu a delicious peanut butter dish this month like Beef Satay with Peanut Butter Sauce.
Beef Satay with Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1 lb Meat, thinly sliced
- 1 Stem Lemon Grass, sliced
- 1 t Coriander
- 1 t Cumin
- 1/2 t Salt
- 4 oz Sugar
- 13.5 oz Coconut Milk (only use 3T of the thick part of the milk
- 2 t Ginger, chopped
- 3/4 C Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 T Canola Oil
- 2 T Red Curry Paste
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 3 T Brown Sugar
- 1 t Salt
- 3 T Rice Vinegar
- Combine lemon grass, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper, sugar, 3T thick coconut milk and ginger. Mix with meat and let marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Skewer meat on 12″ Winco Steel Skewers.
- Broil in oven for 4-6 minutes depending on how well cooked you prefer your meat to be.
- Heat oil in a 12″ Aluminum Frying Pan on medium heat. Add curry paste and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add milk and let boil for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes or until thick. Serve warm with meat skewers!