Last updated on June 30th, 2022 at 12:07 pm
Nearly every restaurant and bar feature Margarita on their alcohol menu and for good reason.The only thing that Americans may like more than pizza is a Margarita! There are many ways that you can celebrate this extraordinary drink: host a party, create new mixes and most importantly – enjoying the Margarita.
Margarita’s are a refreshing drink made from tequila, triple sec, lemon / lime juice, and some sort of sweetener (such as syrup). From special blended varieties to Margarita in a can – there are a myriad of different ways to enjoy what is without a doubt, the most famous cocktail in the world. It can be served shaken with ice, on the rocks, blended with ice (frozen margarita) or without ice (straight up). This chilly drink is usually served in the iconic Margarita glass, a variant of the classic champagne coupe. This glass is often rimed with salt to help even out the sweetness.
- The Margarita was the most popularly ordered drink in 2008, representing 18% of all mixed drink sales in the U.S.
- On average, Americans consume 185,000 Margaritas per hour.
- Margarita consumption peaks in the South, accounting for 34.9% of sales.
- Based on sales, Atlanta, Miami, St. Louis and Nashville are among the best major metro cities for Margarita drinking
It is only appropriate to end this post with the recipe!
(makes one Margarita)
- 1 ounce Tequila (try Herradura Silver)
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- Fresh Lime Juice, to taste
- Kosher Salt and Lime Wedge, for garnish
- Rim glass with salt
- Shake other ingredients over ice and pour into glass
- Garnish with lime wedge