Tips for Buying Restaurant Equipment for your Home
Last updated on July 1st, 2022 at 09:55 am
A trend in home kitchens is the use of commercial equipment like the pros use; emulating celebrity chefs can be fun and a great way to practice restaurant techniques at home. Many of these consumers know that commercial equipment can be versatile and durable compared to conventional home appliances. With special considerations, some commercial pieces can have a home within a residence. Burkett Restaurant Equipment is a leading dealer for commercial foodservice equipment and supplies that welcomes residential customers, and wants to provide a few important pieces of information you need to be aware of before you start shopping.
Purchasing Commercial Restaurant Equipment
The equipment Burkett sells is designed for commercial use in restaurants, schools, hospitals, cafeterias, and food trucks or trailers. If you are considering purchasing restaurant equipment for your home kitchen, please keep in mind the following:
- Commercial equipment is much louder than residential grade equipment, and often utilizes considerably more energy.
- Commercial equipment requires special clearance, insulation and power sources.
- Many times your home owners insurance will be voided if commercial grade equipment is installed in your home. Check with your insurance agent or homeowners policy before installing in your home.
- Manufacturers do not honor warranties when commercial equipment is used in a non-commercial setting.
With that being said, Burkett offers our home chefs a multitude of non-equipment items for your kitchen. Many of our smallwares and tabletop items are available for purchase including:
- Bakery Supplies
- Bar Supplies
- Commercial Cutlery
- Pizza Supplies
- Kitchen Utensils
- Glassware & Plastic Tumblers
- Dinnerware & Serving Platters
- Food Storage Containers
Many of these items can make a home chef comfortable creating restaurant-inspired recipes, and give confidence in their abilities to grow their culinary skills! By simply adding a Vitamix blender or specialty knives, a home chef can take their kitchen to a whole new level.