Last updated on June 30th, 2022 at 12:53 pm
Zucchini is an often forgotten vegetable. It’s a close relative of cucumbers and melons- two very popular fruits and vegetables in the US. However, the zucchini rarely makes it into American dishes. When was the last time you went to the supermarket and bought a few zucchinis? Does your restaurant use zucchinis in any dish? In honor of the wonderful and versatile zucchini serve this delicious dish in your restaurant that is sure to please!
Zucchini Carpaccio (Serves 4)
- 4 Small Zucchini
- 1/3c Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2T Olive Oil
- 2t Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4t Sea Salt
- 1/4c Pine Nuts
- 1/4c Capers
- 6oz Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Cut zucchinis diagonally into paper thin slices using a Mandoline Slicer
- Arrange overlapping slightly on four plates and sprinkle with mint leaves.
- Whisk together oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and drizzle over zucchinis
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, capers, and pine nuts.
- Let stand 10 minutes to soften zucchinis and allow flavors to develop.
- Just before serving, use a cheese grater to shave cheese over zucchini.