Last updated on May 13th, 2021 at 02:57 pm
A well-prepared and perfectly baked cheesecake is the perfect dessert for any occasion. With the ability to customize it for a Christmas or summer dessert, having a delicious cheesecake base recipe will definitely please your customers. Once you have the recipe, you want to make sure that you bake it perfectly. A few mistakes can lead to a cracked appearance or undesirable soggy taste so when making your cheesecake, use these tips to ensure a perfectly executed cheesecake!
- Don’t Overmix… Over-mixing (usually caused by cold ingredients that do not easily mix) will allow air to enter the batter. Allow all ingredients to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before mixing ingredients.
- To avoid cracking… Take a 4″ half-size food pan, about half filled with hot water and place it on the spare rack under the cheesecake while baking. This incorporates some moisture and a little steam in the oven, which helps the cheesecake from getting too dry and cracking on the surface. Also, NEVER open the door while the cheesecake is baking.
- Avoid breaking the middle… A cheesecake will shrink as it bakes so make sure the sides are well-greased so that it can easily separate from the sides instead of the middle.
- Even baking… Cook your cheesecake at 325º F for about 45 minutes. Then turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake inside for another hour. Cool at room temperature with a plate or cookie sheet inverted over the cheesecake to slow the cooling. Only then can you refrigerate the cake, which you will need to do for another 6 hours at least.
- Prevent Over-Baking… Cheesecakes will continue to bake after being removed from the oven. To avoid over-baking, remove when the center of the cheesecake is just slightly moist (about 1″ diameter should jiggle in the center when you shake the pan).
- Keep the Crust Intact… When removing the Spring Form Pan base, use a carving knife and carefully separate the crust from the base and slide onto the counter.
- Perfect Garnishing… Garnish your cheesecake after it has cooled and no more than 3 hours before serving it.
- Perfect Slices… Dip your knife in a glass of warm water and wipe dry before cutting each slice.