Beer Bread Recipe Made with Draft Beer
Last updated on May 26th, 2021 at 02:56 pm
A well-poured mug of beer is not just for drinking (although it sure does taste delicious!). There are a variety of recipes that can be made with beer. From Beer Dip, to Beer Bread and even Chili, beer adds a bit of a kick to many recipes. Here’s one of our favorite recipes for Beer Bread. Keep in mind this can also be made with bottled beer or Alcohol-Free Beer if you prefer.
Swiss Beer Bread (Makes 1 loaf)
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 oz Draft Beer (or bottled or Alcohol-Free Beer)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Divide cheese in half. Cut half of cheese into 1/4-inch cubes. Shred remaining cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir beer into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.