Last updated on July 1st, 2022 at 11:05 am
Summer time is in full swing and nothing is better than fry chicken for dinner. We know it’s not the healthiest thing out there but when your at a restaurant and they have fried chicken on the menu you can’t help but excited! The best fried chicken is perfectly seasoned with a crisp breading on the outside and dripping with juices when you bite into it! It’s the kind of chicken that you keeps you wanting more!
So throw your diet out the window tonight and try your hand at preparing fried chicken for dinner! Here’s our favorite recipe. Try it out and let us know what you think!
Traditional Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe
Finger-Licking Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- 2 ½ lbs chicken pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Crisco (or enough for 2 inch deep fat)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- dash of hot sauce
- Add salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder in a large ziplock bag
- Pour the buttermilk and hot sauce in a large stainless steel mixing bowl. Roll the chicken pieces into the buttermilk mix, and then add them to the bag. Shake well until the chicken is coated with the seasoned flour mixture.
- Add the shortening to your frying pan and turn your Commercial Range to high .
- When the shortening is very hot, put the coated chicken in the skillet or fryer and turn the heat down to medium.
- Let it cook for about 17 minutes until it is golden brown on one side.
- Using 16″ Stainless Steel Tongs, flip the chicken over and let the other side cook until golden brown.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover the pan and cook for 10 more minutes or until the chicken is cooked through with no pink in the center.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!