Last updated on June 30th, 2022 at 12:30 pm
It’s National Strawberries and Cream Day today! Cheese Souffle is to France as Strawberries and Cream is to England. Commonly associated with the Wimbledon, strawberries are one of a a few fruit that grow in England therefore making it a beloved snack for natives. Every year about 27,000 kilograms of strawberries are eaten during the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, together with 7,000 liters of cream!
Unlike many of our other National Food Days recipes, making Strawberries and Cream is rather simple! Follow this recipe and enjoy!
Strawberries and Cream
- Cream/Double Cream or Ready made Whipped Cream or Mascarpone Cheese (mascarpone is my favorite way to have the berries)
- Sugar or Honey or Nectar
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Chocolate Wafers – like kit kat (kids love it)
- Wash, dry, hull & chop the strawberries with a good paring knife.
- Drizzle hone/nectar or the sugar on the strawberries and let them sit for about 15 – 30 minutes.
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate & in the microwave; mix in some of the cream to form a chocolate mix like a thick ganache.
- Whip the rest of the cream till it holds stiff peaks.
- Layer a cup with the cream, then with the chocolate ganache, then some strawberries; make as many layers a you want.
- Garnish with chocolate wafers & fresh mint.
- Serve chilled.