Last updated on June 30th, 2022 at 12:31 pm
So here we are the first day of May- the smell of summer is in the air. I don’t know about you guys, but when I think summer, one thing comes to mind- STRAWBERRIES!! Not the ones you buy in January that are way overpriced and void of taste. I’m taking about juicy plump red strawberries- summer strawberries! There’s a good reason why strawberries are honored in May- they are the first fruit to ripen in the spring and when you think about the spring, the month of May immediately comes to mind. Here’s a bit of useful information for you: Did you know that eight strawberries provide 140 percent of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C? So go ahead and splurge on eight, sixteen, or as many as you want without feeling guilty.
Hold on though! If you’re going to indulge- don’t add sugar or Whipped Cream. Enjoy it in it’s natural state to make it a healthy snack. However, every now and then (or more often!!) you just have to splurge. Why not splurge on this…..
Strawberry Pretzel Delight (Courtesy of Dee Klosterman, Klosterman’s Derr Road Inn, Springfield, Ohio)
- 2 cup crushed pretzels
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4c) margarine
- 1 T sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 oz package of strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 lbs strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Crust, Preheat your Blodgett Double Deck Gas Convection Oven to 400 degrees. Combine crust ingredients and press over 9×13 baking pan. Bake 8 minutes (do not over bake!) Let cool.
- Filling: Using a hand mixer or immersion blender, beat ingredients until creamy. Spread over pretzels. Chill for 20 minutes in a True 2 Door Dual Temp Reach-In Refrigerator/Freezer Combo.
- Topping: Dissolve gelatin into water. Add strawberries. Let stand until primarily set, then spread over filling. Chill until set!