It’s National Cherry Month and your customer’s mouths will water at the sight of this delicious Cherry Pie recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups pitted sour cherries
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 10 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Cut the shortening into the flour and salt with the whisking blades of a stand mixer until the crumbs are pea sized. Mix in cold water. Refrigerate until chilled through. Roll out dough for a two crust pie. Line a 9 inch pie pan with pastry.
- Place the cherries, sugar, and cornstarch in a Stainless Steel Saucepan. Allow the mixture to stand for 10
minutes, or until the cherries are moistened with the sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Lower the heat; simmer for 1 minute, or until the juices thicken and become translucent. Remove pan from heat, and stir in butter and almond extract. Pour the filling into the pie shell. Cover with top crust.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degree C) Oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.