This month, Jeff Hussar of Burkett Restaurant Equipment selected the Vulcan VACB Series Radiant Gas Charbroiler as the product of the month.
Although slightly higher in price than its competitors, the Vulcan VACB Radian Gas Charbroiler is a superior broiler for the price. One of its biggest advantages is the thickness and components of the char-radiants. The thick, heavy duty cast iron design prolongs the life of the unit, and prohibits the radiants from heat- warping over extended usage unlike many of its competitors. The cooking surface also has extra depth, allowing for over 974.5 square inches of cooking surface (on the 47″ Charbroiler). Another great benefit to this unit is the deflector panels around the burners channel the heat upwards towards the food, and not from side to side, or downwards toward the crumb and grease catch pan.
- Stainless steel sides, control panel, top trim, backsplash and grease trough
- Full width front grease drawer
- Heavy duty cast iron char-radiants
- 51⁄4″ wide cast iron diamond grates
- One 18,000 BTU/hr burner for each broiler grate
- Standing pilot ignition system
- One infinite heat control valve for each burner
- Underburner deflector system reflects heat upwards creating a “Cool Zone” in the grease drawer and drip areas.
- 4″ adjustable legs
- 3⁄4″ rear gas connection and gas pressure regulator
- Supercharger burner dividers minimize heat transfer to enhance multi-zone cooking capability
- One year limited parts and labor warranty
Vulcan is associated with Hobart, and on any piece of Vulcan equipment, a certified Hobart tech will come to your business, free of charge, and inspect the installation, to verify it was done correctly.