Dark, milk, white, coated over nuts, caramel, and even peanut butter- chocolate is a versatile and delicious way to satisfy your sweet tooth! It’s no surprise that National Chocolate Day is in October. Halloween is the biggest chocolate season- over 600 million pounds of chocolate are sold this time of year- more than Easter and Valentine’s Day combined!
Today in honor of this scrumptious day, indulge your customers with a little bit of chocolatey-goodness!
Chocolate Fudge Pie (serves 8)
- 1C Unsalted Butter
- 6oz Semisweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 9 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2C Sugar
- 1t Vanilla Extract
- 1/8t Salt
- 1 Unbaked 10-inch Pie Shell
- Whipped Topping
- Preheat the Blodgett Double Deck Gas Convection Oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat chocolate and butter in double broiler until blended, stirring frequently. Pour mixture into a heatproof bowl and cool slightly.
- Add eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Whisk with a 10″ Piano Whip until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into pie shell and back 40-45 minutes. Let stand until cool.
- Serve with whipped topping.